Thursday, May 24, 2012


This morning I awoke and something was different, I could smell everything around me. Everything around me. I was shocked! Do I really want to smell everything around me? Some things don't smell good after all.  I had awoken with a heightened sense of smell!

 Today is actually the 8th day into my raw foods diet, and while my pain continues I have seen some other improvements, one being heightened smell, and no I'm not pregnant for those who are wondering. I also feel more alert, and my stomach doesn't hurt as it does about 75% of the time. Reduced stomach pain alone is reason to continue. Something is happening, my body is changing. There is hope.

For the last 8 days I have eaten at least 95% raw food. I must admit I have still eaten black olives and vegan pesto on my vegetables one night, but other than that all raw. Amazingly enough my cravings have already shifted towards raw food. I was already a vegan, but a cooked vegan, a cooked vegan who could have never imagined switching to a diet of all raw food. A cooked food vegan who loved her cooked food and the process of cooking. Already I feel that I could stick to this, but what will I fix for dinner? So far I have survived on salads, fresh fruit, and nuts. That may last for 8 days, but eventually I am going to have to make a meal. I look at spiralizers online confused on which one to buy. Pictures of zucchini pasta are so appetizing, maybe that's the place to start. Off I go to find something to eat.

1 comment: